Gulab Jamun- The Soft & Spongy Classic
Gulab jamun is easily among the most always in-demand sweet dishes from India. This dessert has immensely popularity in both North and South India. Can be served hot or cold, these delicious balls of sweetness can make anyone’s day better.
- 250 gm milk powder
- 70 gm Maida
- ½ tbsp Oil
- Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Pistachios or almonds
- Mix water, sugar, cardamom and saffron.
- Keep the mixture on a flame till a syrup is formed
- Stir the syrup in rose water and keep it aside.
- Now, for the balls (jamuns), mix the milk powder, baking soda and maida in a bowl and add oil and yoghurt to it.
- Keep mixing the solution until you get a soft, sticky structure..
- Make smooth small balls from the dough.
- Reduce the flame to low and heat the oil and add the balls and fry them stirring enough to get a consistent colour.
- Add the balls to the sugar syrup after they become goden-brown.
- Allow them to soak in the sugar syrup for atleast 1.5 hours.